With the kids away at overnight camp, today was the first day of our two-week “parental-vacation.” As we left the children, I found myself wondering what we were going to do with ourselves.
We’ve started making a list of fun things:
- Go see a movie that is short on animation, long on adult themes.
- Play tourist for the day, visiting the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and eating at Blue Dragon.
- Meet with a contractor about a new deck, sunroom and front farmers porch.
- Play in a golf tournament with my husband.
- Make the most of our Netflix & Hulu subscriptions by catching up on all the TV shows we’ve missed.
- Compete in the Appleman Triathlon.
Is it a sign of my age that I’m as excited about the not-so-fun things I also have planned. Tonight, for example, with my husband at a meeting I have cleaned out the junk/homework drawers, while drinking a beer and watching four back-to-back episodes of Continuum.
Also on my list is clean the bedrooms, organize my home office, get my car detailed, have my hair cut and teeth cleaned, catch up on my sleep, exercise, and go through my closet.
I know, I am so much fun, right?
Thinking about my plans, I started to wonder what other moms and dads would do with four weeks of child-free time.
Listen on Stitcher
In a MinuteSubscribe to receive automatic updates from Manic Mommies!
Blogads – Top
Blogads – Middle
Blogads – Bottom