Back in the early days of this podcast, we would often interview other working moms to learn how they manage the chaotic combination of work and family. With Kristin still on vacation, Erin goes back to the roots of the show and invites Manasi, a local working mom, into the kitchen to chat about what it takes to pursue a career as a physician when you also have a child with special needs. Then we see exactly why Manasi loves her work when we take questions about skin care from listeners. Note: This podcast was recorded on location at the kitchen table so the audio quality is not studio-style.

Links mentioned: TBS King of the Nerds |  Our guest Manasi | Mary Cariola Children’s Center of Rochester |  New York Times article on Retina A | Amlactin | Audible Trial

Listen: iTunes | mp3

8 Responses to Podcast: How Does She Do It?

1. Amy says:

Great show. Love the discussion about being the mom of a special needs child. I have a 6 year old with cerebral palsy and it was great to hear how another mom does it. Feeling isolated is one of the worst parts of being the parent of a special needs child.

2. Sarah says:

Thanks for this episode! I am a mom of 5 kids, 1 of whom has CP and is adopted from foster care, and it was nice to hear from another SN mom.

3. Shelly says:

Loved the show this week – very informative on two fronts. I enjoyed listening to Manasi talk about her struggles as a working mom with a special needs child. I also enjoyed her professional advice – I need to start Retina A!!

4. Nicole says:

I also enjoyed the show (I only missed Kristin a little bit) It certainly makes me count my blessing having 2 relatively “normal” kids. She seems to handle her son very well. I also LOVED the dermatology help, especially knowing Retin A is a cure for wrinkles AND acne. Going to call my son’s Mom (also a dermatologist) to get a prescription!

5. Kate says:

Great interview Erin!

Loved the show! Great interview!!

7. Dana says:

Great show and helpful tips!

8. Sheila says:

I really enjoyed the show. It was nice to hear from a working mother of a special needs child. My son has CP and I completely related to the challenges of balancing/scheduling doctor’s appointments and therapies with work. A great husband really helps!

And to follow that up with such great skin advice! Awesome.