Ski-660This week the Manic Mommies have something in common: they are both indoors while the husbands and kids take to the ski trails.

We’re talking about researching medical conditions on the Internet, online ads that seem to know exactly what you’re looking for and how it feels to step back into the classroom as a student.

Links: Okemo | molluscum contagiosum | Conzerol | About remarketing from Google | Keith and the Girl |

Audible Suggestions: Books by Maeve Binchy |Visit AudibleTrial.com/ManicMommies

Listen: iTunes mp3

10 Responses to Podcast: Off the slopes

1. Emma says:

Hi Erin,

We used Zymaderm for Molluscum. You have to use it twice a day. The open ones will get better much more quickly than the closed ones. It worked.

2. Laurel says:

My 6 year old son had Molluscum and our doc said to just let it go and it would go away on it’s own. It spread from the backs of his knees to his arms and chest and we totally panicked because it appeared to be out of control. Then it spread to our 2 year old so we went to the derm and they froze them off. Our 6 year old probably had 50 of them. :( It was not a great experience, but it was one and done. I’m not sure why she didn’t recommend any topical creams for it. I wish I knew about the cream you used because that would have been much less traumatic!

Both mine had molluscum…. one responded well to topical stuff from regular doctor, the other had to have dermatological intervention…. not fun, but no long lasting effects. Hugs…

4. Brenna Johnson says:

We just got diagnosed with that this weekend! Can you type out the name of the medication you used Erin? Right now we are scheduled for a dermatologist appointment where they will mostly likely freeze off the marks.

5. Janet Hughes says:

I used Zymaderm with both of my kids and it worked great.

This is what we are using CONZEROL. Meant to add it to show notes above.

7. Elaine says:

My son had them a year or two ago. Took him to the derm. She said she could freeze them off, we could use compund w on them, or to let them go. I searched around online and found Neem Oil, bought at the health food store, which seemed to speed up the healing. Would have tried the zymaderm if I had heard of it.

8. Leanna says:

It’s so interesting to hear about people’s experiences in the US. My son got it while we were living in Brazil and we were told it would pass. It got better, and then worse again after we moved to Dubai. Our German doctor there showed us how to lance them, being sure to gently scrape the hard inner bit and we never had another problem.

9. Jenn says:

My 10 yr old gave them to my 1 yr old. Dr gave my 10 yr old RetinA and it worked, they exploded within a month and went away. But couldn’t use that on 1 yr old so waited it out. Took about 3 years but the last one finally exploded last summer. So you can wait it out but that’s really tough with older ones. They tend to notice them and mess with them more. Just make sure when they puff up and break open you get the root out, looks like a hard white clump. That’s what kills it. And they spread when they are open so wash your hands! Good luck!

10. Dawn says:

I am sorry to get off topic. However, I was interested in the boots you mentioned, Erin. Can you say what they were again?

thanks!