Preparing for his "break" from team sports.

Preparing for his “break” from team sports.

With the snow melting due to unseasonably warm weather, it’s hard not to be fooled into thinking spring is coming soon. Of course it’s not, but that doesn’t keep us from talking about spring sports and having to plan summer vacations in the middle of winter!

Links mentioned: Tour of the Dragons | Welsch sisters | USA Triathlon Magazine – Kid Power

Audible Suggestions: 11-22-63 by Stephen King | Visit AudibleTrial.com/ManicMommies

Listen: iTunes | mp3

Because we said we’d post them, here are photos of Erin’s mudroom on a typical Saturday post-skiing:

IMG_1317

IMG_1318

IMG_1320

8 Responses to Podcast: Winter thaw

1. CTmommy says:

Listening to the podcast now and enjoying! I grew up loving the original “Parent Trap” movie (1961). The “twins” grew up apart–one in California and the other in Boston. :-)

2. Kelly B says:

I loved 11-22-63 on Audio, I hope you enjoy it.

Btw: Erin seems to be fading in and out during the podcast (sometimes she is at the same level as Kristin and then others she is very faint). At least two of the phone recordings you can’t hear what the people are saying.

3. Scarlette Chapman says:

Erin, Kristen – after listening to your discussion on living in a “frat house” and needing to keep the walls of the bathroom yellow, was never more thankful to have 2 daughters, though I should say they can be just as messy! Erin, thanks for sharing your pics of the mudroom. Where did you get the great “Family Rules” sign?

@KellyB–thanks for the feedback on the audio. We are working with a new editor, I did not notice the level changes. In fact, I thought I could actually HEAR the voice mails clearly this week. Usually I struggle to hear them (when I listen, that is).

@Scarlette–I bought that Family Rules artwork a while ago but see it everywhere now. Homegoods, Kirkland’s, even Target. Too bad no one follows the rules!

5. Scarlette Chapman says:

Thanks Erin for the info on your Family Rules sign. Thanks for giving me an excuse to shop at Home Goods! I have a great one we purchased when visiting Alcatraz. It’s one of their old prison regulations and reads, “You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege.” I have that prominently displayed to remind the kiddies as well as me :)

6. Melanie S says:

I have seven year old triplet boys and no girls. I have said that in our next house I am going to have a finished basement with an all tiled bathroom, floor to ceiling with a urinal trough. Not just a single urinal, but a huge trough. And then a hose attachment in the shower so I can just bleach and hose the whole thing down. Oh, and a drain hole in the middle of the floor!

We have a similar family rules sign, but I think I like the prison regulations sign instead. That’s perfect.

7. Erica says:

I am dying that Erin hasn’t seen Space Camp.

Top 80s movies:

1. Goonies
    2. Space Camp

We just watched The Last Starfighter. Next on the list, Flight of the Navigator.