For Kristin, the big Sandy day was yesterday. For us, it’s today. And yet really, the fact that she is at work and I am home at my desk blogging demonstrates that our families were gratefully spared.

I think she may have lost a tree or two. In our house, the biggest problem was the wind-induced vomit. Yes, some anxieties still linger. Long-time listeners of the podcast probably remember when weather anxieties kept one of my children indoors, even on reasonably breezy days.

In our part of NY state, forecasters predicted an ugly scene of wind and rain. The University cancelled classes and the boys’ school was cancelled, too. Both decisions were made yesterday. And while we sit here now, looking out the window wondering why we’re home instead of at work and school, I’m grateful the lights are on and the worst thing I’m suffering is an overload of Cartoon Network in the background. Last night, the wind was wicked and I worried a tree might make it’s way through our roof.

Thankfully, that didn’t happen.

I know many of our listeners have probably not experienced the same good fortune. For those who are struggling today, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep your kids close and hearts high. We hope you can return to normal as soon as possible.

Tagged with:

7 Responses to Escaping Sandy

1. Amy-Sue says:

I’m so thankful we were “under-whelmed” by the storm here too. It’s a different story in New Jersey where I grew up. Hopefully recovery & power restoration will be swift!

2. juli says:

So glad you all are ok. I feel like you are friends, and was wondering about you, thank you for posting. We are safely in Colorado, feeling helpless and waiting for the kids to stop asking when they can go trick or treating.

3. wendy says:

So glad y’all are safe! Like, Juli, we’re here in Arkansas and all we can do is watch. (Or not, I don’t have cable. LOL!) We all feel like your friends and care about your safety.

As wind blew here outside St Louis yesterday (yes the wind reached that far), I wondered how your sweet boy would be doing. Hugs to him (and to you) and am glad you are all relatively ok. Hugs to all who may have had more to deal with!~

5. Shelle says:

Thanks for giving us an update. I was thinking about you two yesterday and am glad for the news of only minor damages. Stay safe!

6. theresa says:

Glad you are all ok! You were forefront on my mind this week as the storm approached. What devastation to so many! Hugs from this MM. See you at the Escape next week to give you both one in person!

7. Yolanda C. says:

Hi, I was thinking about both of you & your families. Glad that everyone is safe & warm….with minimal outdoor damage. Hugs!