During our visit to Rochester we poured another glass of wine (in our fabulous glasses) and recorded a second episode, catching up on idle gal chit chat covering topics from age spots and InStyle’s list of anti-aging best beauty buys; movies; 50 Shades of Grey, Kristin’s triathlon training  and Erin’s decision to give up dinner.

This episode is sponsored by Sleep Number. To find a Sleep Number store near you, call 1-800-995-4177. And please, be sure to tell them the Manic Mommies sent you.

Manic Mommies is supported in part by Audible.com. Visit AudibleTrial.com/ManicMommies for your free 30-day trial and download. Check out our Pinterest board for recommendations.

Links mentioned: InStyle Best Beauty Buys | Tangled | Brave | John Carter (movie) | John Carter (wikipedia) | 50 Shades of Grey movie actors | Kristin’s new 2XU TriSuit | Brooks Running

Listen: iTunes Zune mp3

18 Responses to Podcast: Girls Just Gabbing

1. adena says:

the story about the “pad” at the bottom of the fruit bowl had me laughing out loud! So. Funny. Thanks for all these great stories….!

2. Yolanda says:

I am so with you on the smoothie for dinner idea Erin! I just don’t know if my son will go for it. He’s 12 years old and he is hungry 24/7. But I could do a smoothie & a sandwich for dinner and that should fill him up and give him a snack later. I agree with Kristin that we do put a lot of pressure on dinner. I work with someone who makes gourmet meals for her family every night and it puts pressure on me and I’m not liking it at all. I like simple! Please share your good smoothie recipes! Also, I was cracking up here at work envisioning Kristin running around her neighborhood with the speed walker on her tail. That is so funny!!!

3. Mary Fran says:

I haven’t finished listening, but I have been laughing so hard. Between the maxi pad in the fruit bowl and Erin losing it over Kristin running – great episode!

4. AnnKing says:

Fruit salads are one reason Catholics don’t do potlucks.

5. Melissa M. says:

Love the laugh out loud moments – oompa loompa poop! ROFL, Erin’s reaction to Mrs. Brandt running up the hill, hahaha :) I <3 you guys for brightening up a work day

6. Joanne says:

I’ve been telling my family for years that I wish someone would invent a pill that we can take instead of dinner. Maybe a pill that will taste like roast beef, chicken or something. Think of all the time we can save.

If the smoothie idea doesn’t work out, try soup. You can make a big batch on weekends and have soup and salad with a loaf of bread for dinner.

7. Carol says:

Crying with laughter on my journey home from work with description of fruit salad “maxi pad” and description of triathlon training. One of your best episodes.

8. Shelle says:

I agree, seriously funny episode! You guys just have that certain special spark when you’re together, more than a bit tired, and wine is involved!

I too found great humor in this episode. And Kristin, glad to know I am not the only one who feels ridiculously awkward squeezing into tri gear!`

10. Katie says:

I had to drop by and let you ladies know that tonight’s dinner at our house will be: for the three year old – either a leftover slice of pizza or leftover mac and cheese and for the grown-ups: eggs and toast. I’m giving up on dinner for the days that I commute (2 hrs each way). I have 90 days until maternity leave and think we’ll get by until then.

11. Amanda says:

Erin, any chance you will post your homemade mac-n-cheese recipe? :)

12. Debbie says:

it is so nice to hear you guys podcast together at Erin’s home. my sides hurt from laughing with you ladies. You guys just have that certain special spark when you’re together. Thank you for all you do.

I’m all for smoothies (frozen bananas, blueberries, strawberries, oj and some vanilla yogurt with a scoop of flax) for dinner.

@Amanda, my homemade mac & cheese recipe is really Martha Stewart’s

14. Carrie says:

My son is such a picky eater that I am getting desperate to find things he will eat. One of the few things he likes to eat on a consistent basis are smoothies. My blender does okay making a smoothie, but I still have to pick out the frozen banana and ice cube chunks. Annoying. So, I’m considering getting a Vitamix. They get terrific reviews, but are so darn expensive! What type of blender do you use to make your smoothies?
    I found a yummy recipe for an almond milk, frozen banana and peanut butter (any nut butter will work) recipe that is delicious and has the protein he needs when this is made for a lunch time meal. So good!

@Carrie, I think you need to share that peanut butter smoothie recipe. YUM!

16. Carrie says:

Absolutely! Just made one today. It’s the “Peanut Butter, Banana and Oat Milkshake” by Joy the Baker. I forgot that her recipe has oats and flax in it. I usually don’t put the flax in ’cause my son doesn’t like the texture of the flax. You might like it though.

17. Kelly R. says:

Loved the show, ladies – I agree that it was laugh out loud funny in a number of places!! Re dinner planning, I do a list with no assigned days of the week – then I can pick what I feel like that night and know I have the ingredients on hand.

And during the week, I like to go EASY on meals, even though I love to cook. Three big favorites in our house are pasta carbonara (like bacon & eggs, but on pasta…), roast beef roll ups (roast beef and cheddar with (store bought) mashed potatoes rolled up inside – heated through in the oven), and salad with rotisserie chicken on top. Honestly – dinner’s on in 20 minutes.

18. Melanie S says:

Kristen, I do not run either. I SLOG – slow jog. But I tell myself that I’m out there and doing more than I did a yar ago, so its something.

Good for you on the Tri! I have done 3 and love them. I’m not doing it for winning them but because I need to pay for something to keep me going. Or else I would just sit on my rear and read smut all the time.