This week’s show starts with talk of what can happen when you send your husband to the tailor. Then we’re joined by Beth Grotz of General Motors for a re-cap of the Car Car Clinic held at the Escape.

Finally, we dish about friends with opinions (everyone has one) and a New York Times Sunday Styles piece on the art of de-friending.

This episode is sponsored by Sleep Number. To find a Sleep Number store near you, call 1-800-995-4177. And please, be sure to tell them the Manic Mommies sent you.

Manic Mommies is supported in part by Audible.com. Visit AudibleTrial.com/ManicMommies for your free trial. Check out our Pinterest board for recommendations.

Links: NYT piece | What Erin’s listening to: Second Nature: A Love Story

Listen: iTunes Zune mp3

7 Responses to Podcast: Car Care 101 and Are We Still Friends?

1. Jen says:

This episode frustrated me when you were talking about adding a 2nd bath or not…because I don’t even have one! I rent with only a shower. It’s frustrating but all we can get at the moment and I want nothing more most nights than to just SOAK IN A LONG HOT BATH!!! Ugh, really :) I didn’t think when we moved here that I’d miss it, but every once in awhile I SO MISS IT!!! i thinik you’ll need it every once in awhile too!!

2. Heather says:

Hey ladies! Just wanted to comment to Erin about the Facebook madness; if you want to be done with Facebook, do it!!! I quit Facebook last spring and do not regret it one bit!! When I intially got rid of my Facebook account I thought I would end up missing it and eventually get back on…boy was I wrong. It was so freeing!! I didn’t realize how bombarded I felt with other people’s problems and lives just by being on Facebook (not to mention the wasted time of my life that I will NEVER get back). I say do it, do it, do it, you will not regret it!!

3. kristina says:

in response to the above comment about facebook- forget about being “bombarded with other people’s problems and lives,” but being bombarded with “my-life-is-perfect” posts. so freaking annoying. it’s almost like a contest to see who can best portray just how perfect their life is. annoying and conceited… i have threatened to cancel my account numerous times and have taken multiple breaks, but the only reason i keep it is to keep tabs on my niece and nephew (see their pics, etc.). otherwise, being a 35-year-old woman who is single, childless, and unfortunately dealing with an 18-year-long illness. sometimes the last thing i want to see/read about is my peers’ perfect lives.

4. Heather says:

Kristina,
    Yes, you are correct, there were several of those as well. The other thing that helped to “do me in” with Facebook was the people who posted non-stop about politics and the people who had that app on their phones that constantly updated where they were at! I don’t care if John Doe is at Borders, I really, really don’t. Agian, to all you ladies you are frazzled with Facebook, I say ditch it!

5. Kim says:

Depending on the real estate rules in your area, a bathroom without a bathtub may not be considered a full bath. For resale a tub will probably be better.

You can get tub inserts with jets and you can combine with a shower to save space but still give you a jetted tub. We did this in my first house & it worked well.

6. R. Hiebert says:

I’m not advertising, just passing along what my wife appreciates about synthetics and related car care product options in & for the vehicle she drives. The scheduled maintenance routine has been stretched to twice a year; the service department knows that they seldom see a vehicle with so little that needs attention. Wife needs to have a dependable vehicle and not waste time in the waiting room of a service department or take the time to be served by a shuttle. She also sees about 5% less fuel bills. Not having warranty issues is also a huge plus.

7. Lynne says:

Thanks for the interview with the woman from Chevrolet about Car Safety 101….I will be putting into practice the tip about having the steering wheel hit you at the wrists when you put your arms straight out. I will also heartily endorse the tip that properly inflated tires improve your mpg. So true, but it had been awhile since I checked mine. Thanks for the reminder. I love listening to your podcast, it is refreshing, honest, and greatly needed.